Vortext Analytics Inc. is committed to improving financial and clinical outcomes for our healthcare provider customers by developing a comprehensive, interactive diagnostic toolset to discover the hidden relevance and relationships in the details of structured and unstructured healthcare data.
The Vortext Data Analyst will report to the Senior Data Scientist and will be responsible for extracting, transforming, validating, structuring, visualizing, and analyzing healthcare data with the purpose of providing analytic solutions and reporting to drive Revenue Cycle Management improvements or clinical decision-making.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Data importing: Querying from RDBMS and importing flat files.
- Data wrangling: Joining, cleaning, organizing, and transforming disparate data sets into an analytic-ready format. Performing regular expressions and string matching.
- Data exploration and visualization: Rapidly and iteratively looking at data to gain a base understanding; generating hypotheses and quickly testing them.
- Data communication: Explaining the data analysis to other Data Analysts and Data Scientists, the product development team, the sales team, management, and clients.
- Programming: Writing reproducible code in R or Python.
- Reporting: Designing and creating dashboards, reports, and BI tools in MS Power BI.
- Working collaboratively and closely with other Data Analysts and Data Scientists, product management, development, and sales to solve client problems, influence product decisions, and identify areas of opportunity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change over time.
Security Responsibilities and Access Rights
To be able to perform the job duties of this position, the Data Analyst will have access to client Protected Health Information (PHI) and thus will be required to sign an acknowledgment form indicating that the Data Analyst has read and will adhere to the Vortext Analytics security policies and procedures. The Data Analyst will be required to be intimately familiar with the policies and adhere to them at all times.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or other similar analytical fields
- Experience working with databases, preferably MS SQL Server
- Experience working with statistical programming languages, preferably R or Python
- Experience working with MS Power BI (or Tableau)
- Experience delivering analytic solutions—reports, dashboards, applications, models, etc.
- 1-3 years’ work experience as a Data Analyst and/or successful completion of 1 to 3 projects that demonstrate at least:
- A novice skill level in data importing, data wrangling, data exploration and visualization, and data communication, and programming.
The novice skill level is defined as performing these skills with resources (ex. Google, reference books, cheat sheets) or peer/manager assistance and given sufficient time for task completion.
Job offers for this position are conditional on passing a background check and drug screening.
Vortext Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, sex, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.